Two women are dead and another was hospitalized after an apparent carbon monoxide leak in a West Rogers Park building, officials said.
Paramedics were first called about 10:30 a.m. to the building, which is in the 2500 block of West North Shore Avenue, to transport one woman to the hospital, Chicago Fire Department spokeswoman Meg Ahlheim said.
The woman was taken in cardiac arrest to Swedish Covenant Hospital, Ahlheim said.
Fire officials at the scene called for a second ambulance, and a second woman was taken to Swedish Covenant as well, Ahlheim said.
Once paramedics became aware of the second victim, fire officials checked the building's carbon monoxide levels but found no indication of a leak, Ahlheim said.
Paramedics were called back to the scene, however, about 3:45 p.m., for another woman found unresponsive. The woman was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston in critical condition, Ahlheim said.
Officials checked carbon monoxide level again, and while the meter readings in residential units showed no exposure, officials found a positive reading for a low level of carbon monoxide near a boiler in the basement, Ahlheim said.
The Cook County medical examiner's office confirmed Sunday evening that it had been notified of two fatalities from the building.
A spokeswoman for Peoples Gas, Jennifer Block, confirmed that representatives from the company were called to the building to assist police and fire officials. She referred further questions to the police and fire departments.
The Chicago Police Department's Office of News Affairs had not been notified about the situation as of 10:30 p.m. Sunday night.
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Mama Liga News
Thanks for visiting the blog, If any criticism and suggestions please leave a comment